Search This Blog

Thursday 30 May 2013

Long Lane, Beverley - looking towards the Minster

 
Plein air, oil on canvas panel 12x10"

Looking towards Beverley from Long Lane. I drive along Shepherd Lane and was sad to see some of the old farm out buildings of OLD HALL FARM being knocked down. Lots of contractors vehicles were parked nearby, at Millennium wood, and heavy machinery was at work. Tiles had been removed exposing timber rafters and as I passed , a huge nibbler attachment was dismantling a gable end. Anyway, I drove round to Long Lane and liked this view. Many people will be familiar with it as it is a popular route into Beverley for cyclists, runners, walkers etc. The hedgerows are sprouting with many beautiful flowers at the moment and the swallows are everywhere. I was pleased to see a deer in a small field on the left, just over the road. This could be more detailed yet it is one of those pictures which I can say that I like as it is.
Happy painting

No comments: