Search This Blog

Thursday 6 August 2015

Wassand Hall, walled garden August 4th, 2015.

Plein air oil on board 12x10 inches.
I realised that I had not painted this corner of the walled garden which is to you right as you enter. The Japanese anemones and agapanthus are beginning to emerge which will require a visit soon. In fact there was a beautiful white agapanthus in flower already so I should be quick. The day was duller than previously with occasional sun shining through which limited shadow definition. This view is a little closer than others I have done and as such,  misses out on the perspective element. Above the wall, and  from further away a rather handsome clock tower can be seen. However it is difficult to include on a view from this path, a little problem to solve sometime. As I have mentioned some flowers are now emerging as others pass over and it is interesting to appreciate the planning in maintaining a continuous display among the borders.

No comments: