Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Dominic with Charles in the garden

Click image to see a larger view.
 It is rather lovely to look back at old sketches sometimes and for me this one is interesting. It shows a corner of our garden which is now completely different. So that is interesting, but when I look closely I can see one our our neighbours children, Dominic. He is with Charles our big briard. Charles passed on years ago and Dominic grew up to be a fine young man.  This is a watercolour sketch, nothing more. It was never intended to be used to work up another picture but I am glad I did it now. I remember the framework to the left, we grew a vine like plant over the top and would sit below it when the sun came out. The wooden conservatory was a mistake and has now been replaced. So, I guess what I am trying to say, is that we should not be too worried about making masterpieces all the time and be prepared to make up quick sketches which often have a value in themselves.

No comments: